Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    SUCKED!

    Choices my black [censored]...no matter what option you choose, the same thing happens.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    I saw commercials about this and even a preview in a gaming magazine, and was actually interested in it for a bit, but after hearing this I'm not so sure about it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

    How does the same thing happen with each choice though? Does it just show the choice, and then go on with the same events of the movie, or does each choice literally result in the same thing period?
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    [ QUOTE ]
    SUCKED!

    Choices my black [censored]...no matter what option you choose, the same thing happens.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    spoilers:

    I was told that the scene at the fast food drive through if you choose honk again that the guy in the car lives instead of getting the "engine fan" to the back of the head. So that was a pretty big change. I'll try it on my (rented) version before I take it back
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    SUCKED!

    Choices my black [censored]...no matter what option you choose, the same thing happens.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    spoilers:

    I was told that the scene at the fast food drive through if you choose honk again that the guy in the car lives instead of getting the "engine fan" to the back of the head. So that was a pretty big change. I'll try it on my (rented) version before I take it back

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yes, the guy lives, but just a bit later in the film the two leads are discussing the deaths and they say that three people had already died. Which would be wrong since drive-thru boy didn't die.

    Take for example the scene at the tri-centenial celebration. They give you two choices, jump left or jump right. Neither choice accomplishes anything. The guy still gets pancaked.

    Or the coin flip before the roller coaster ride. Neither option changed anything.

    I guess the only good part of the movie was the tanning bed scene.

    I expected a way to experience a totally different film. What I got was a bunch of hype and a rather lame addition.

    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    I almost rented this last night and put it back and got Larry the Cableguy health inspector instead. I don't retn movies to have to keep watching the same scenes over and over and doing all these options, I just want a good straight through movie.

    Also avoid the movie The Cavern like the plague, it is terrible. Looked and sounded like a good one from the box and was just trash.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    [ QUOTE ]
    I almost rented this last night and put it back and got Larry the Cableguy health inspector instead. I don't retn movies to have to keep watching the same scenes over and over and doing all these options, I just want a good straight through movie.

    Also avoid the movie The Cavern like the plague, it is terrible. Looked and sounded like a good one from the box and was just trash.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Where did you rent? I might have given dumbass Larry a try had it been in. Video World had 8 or 9 copies, all of them were out.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    I got it at Video World. There was one copy when we got there (must have just came back in). A friend of mine had it in his hand and put it back and got the shaggy dog instead and we got larry.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    Liked the movie for the movie. I hardly ever pay attention to the feeatures.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    not true...go back and do each of the scenes and after you do one all the way through, rewind and choose hte other option...movie actually ends a lot sooner if you choose a couple paths the right way
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Final Destination 3 - Thrill Ride Edition

    Love the trilogy. Especially the third movie. I rewound to look at the different outcomes. The only really different ones was the tanning bed scene if you set it to 79 and the drive thru scene if you let them beep again.

    There's only one time a person is saved from death. Figure that out on your own if you haven't.

    I just watch it for the movie though.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •